Monday, August 17, 2009

Happenstance

Listening to an excessive amount of Rachel Yamagata has me thinking about happenstance and what it has done in my life. It is defined as follows-

Noun 1. Happenstance - an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental.
-coincidence
-chance event, fortuity, accident, stroke - anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause.

While my desire to see the world has always driven me to explore opportunities, I can hardly believe somedays how close I am to auctually doing it. It is easy to forget that in a few short weeks, I will be boarding a plane and not returning for a full year. I have always believed in accomplishing goals that I seriously set my mind on. While I have had many goals and ideas, few have flourished the way this Korea plan has. I feel the word "happenstance" fits my situation perfectly. Everything has fallen into place so perfectly, yet it has been completely random and a complete surprise most days.

My summer here has been an amazing blessing. While most days I'm stuck drudging through work, there are the few days I have had that make everything else worth it.

Currently listening to: Elephants...Teeth Sinking into Heart. Rachel Yamagata.

No comments:

Post a Comment