A few more things I've learned:
1. It is possible to have a job that you love and make enough money to live on and save.
2. Things are not always what they seem.
3. I can read Korean which makes subways, buses, menus, and other basic tasks way easier.
4. Body language and hand motions can get you though most situations. If all else fails, smile.
5. Don't feel bad about something failing after you put your heart and soul into it.
6. Take compliments humbly and with grace.
7. Get out there and do stuff. As much stuff as you can.
8. An afternoon is well spent on a cafe patio playing cards.
9. Most things can be figured out with a few phone calls or an internet search.
10. I'm thankful for more than I could begin to list.
So, May 2011 will likely come as quickly as these first 8 months have passed.
currently listen to: Ambivalence Avenue, Bibio.