Wednesday, March 2, 2011

puddle jumping

Korean shoe stores are some of the most painful places for me to visit.  First of all, I don't really like shoe shopping.  Second, you have to haggle and fight for a pair of shoes that are probably going to fall apart anyway.  On top of all of this, every shoe store in all of Korea ends up having the exact same shoes.  There is little variation beyond material and heel height.  I have no idea how these stores differentiate themselves. 

So, when I needed pink heels in October for my Halloween costume, not a single store had anything lighter than a shade of beige.  "No pink!  Not fall color!" is all that I heard from store after store.  So I gave up and wore my Nikes (which are awesome, but my Barbie costume needed heels!).

At the moment, I'm trying to find a pair of wellies.  I hate. Repeat HATE walking to work in the rain.  My shoes and pants end up all wet and I'm a terrible clutz and I often end up slipping at least once.  Usually twice.  I recall a time, not too long ago, when every shoe store had at least seven pairs of wellies on display.  Now, after two weeks of looking, I've not found a single pair.  Not one.  I'm not giving up.  I'm not letting Korean shoe stores defeat me once again. 

However, if I do give up, I'm ordering a pair of these.
http://www.hunter-boot.com/

Probably in red.  Or pink.  Sigh. 

Currently listening to:  Ballerina, Leona Naess.

No comments:

Post a Comment